Make A DIY Snowman Arabesque Ornament with your Cricut!
The links contained in this blog post may be affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for the referral but there is no additional cost to you.
- Arabesque Tiles - I use the Satori Hudson Brilliant White Tiles from Lowes
- Adhesive Vinyl - I prefer Oracal 651 for my basic colors. I also had some red glitter adhesive for the scarf and rose gold laying around in my scrap drawer
- Heat Transfer Vinyl - I used Red Glitter Siser HTV
- Vinyl Cutting Machine - I used my Cricut Explore Air
- Jewelry Bails to hang a ribbon from your pretty snowman ornament
- E6000 Adhesive To Glue Jewelry Bails to Arabesque Tile
- Ribbon of your choice - Here's a cute Buffalo Plaid
- My favorite Vinyl Squeegee - Seriously the felt makes ALL the difference!
- And of course Transfer Tape to transfer your cute snowman vinyl pieces to your ornament
- Heat Press or Iron - I love my Cricut Easy Press Mini
- Arabesque Snowman Ornament SVG from Wispy Willow Designs (On sale at time of posting!)
- Tile Backing SVG Template - to Add sparkly Vinyl to the back of your ornament
Let's Get Started - Time to Create!
I cut all of my pieces on Cricut and laid them out beside my tile to weed - I used a fun glitter red for the scarf and a rose gold for the snowman cheeks.
I use a handy dandy weeding pen from 143 Vinyl that makes this super duper quick.
Time to Add Vinyl To Your Tile!
Apply transfer tape to your vinyl and place your weeded design on your ornament blank.
Tada! Look How Pretty! I love the sparkly glitter on the red scarf and the rose gold shimmer on the cheeks!
On to The Back!
Now let's work on adding a hanger and sparkly HTV backing
You will need your Jewelry bails and E6000 adhesive.
Flip your tile over. Add a drop of E6000 and add a jewelry bail on top of the ornament. Let dry overnight.
Next, cut a backing using the Arabesque Tile SVG Template. This SVG imports the correct size in Design Space. All you have to do is upload and cut. Easy peasy.
I use Glitter HTV because it is super forgiving. The back of the tiles are not even so the glitter really covers it up!
Layer your glitter HTV on the back of the tile. I put my Cricut Mini Press on high heat and quickly move over the HTV pressing it down.
Make sure the HTV is on TOP of the jewelry bail and carefully press the vinyl down around the bail. The HTV is flexible and will cover the backing and bail.
Remove the carrier sheet and quickly press down any spots that are not well adhered.
Tada! So cute - Now we need to add a ribbon.
I chose to add a Buffalo Plaid Ribbon. I looped the ribbon through the jewelry bail and then tied a bow. I added a small dot of hot glue to the back of the bow so it will not come undone.
Tada! All Finished.
I can't wait to decorate my tree!
Happy crafting! I'd love to see what you make in my Facebook Group.